Spicy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Red Bean Smoothie!
So, I am a huge fan of pumpkin soup and while this recipe isn’t vegan, it can easily be modified to be made so. What I do is to substitute the butter with olive oil and to use soy milk instead of milk and cream. Voila!
Red Bean Smoothie
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 LBS. red azuki beans (soaked in water for four hours)
- 2 1/4 c soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add soaked red azuki beans.
- Let simmer over low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours until the beans are entirely cooked. (Alternatively, you could use canned red azuki beans to lessen the time!)
- Put beans and soy milk in a blender and puree.
- Pour into serving glasses and pour coconut milk over top.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or add ice. Enjoy!
Just ordered a new blender! Can’t wait to put it to use!